Monday, August 22, 2011

I Want to Punch Monday in the Face!

This weekend was the perfect mix of gettin' stuff done, doing nothing and fun family time. We took Liam to breakfast on Saturday and lunch on Sunday. Both times he sat in a booster seat and didn't act like a dick. I am hoping this isn't a fluke and that we can actually eat out (with him) again.

**Let's try this again . . . I started this blog on Monday (obviously) and am getting back to it on Wednesday.**

So anyway, it was a nice weekend. One really awesome thing that happened . . . Saturday Erin asked if she could drop off the cd of photos from our shoot. After saying "of course" I texted her back and asked if she wanted to stay for dinner. She accepted! Fun! I love an impromtu dinner party. I made chicken enchiladas. I thought they were delicious . . . that was after a bottle of Skinny Girl Sangria (which is REALLY delicious) and two Coronas. I had the leftovers on Monday and indeed they were good!! So here is the recipe . . .


I love a recipe that doesn't just say "2 cups cooked of shredded chicken," one that actually tells you how they got there! I mean, I know how to cook some chicken, but how does Tyler Florence cook his chicken before putting it in his enchiladas. I cut this recipe in half . . . 8 enchiladas. One of the things I did that made it so good is I invested in the Cadillac of all corn tortillas. It was a pack of 8 for $1.99 vs 24 for $1.99. Usually I use 8 and throw away 16 -- after moving them around my kitchen for 2 weeks -- so what's the difference!? I looked for a Mexican Spice Blend at the store but not sure it is something you actually buy so I googled it and used the spices mentioned.

Erin stayed until 11:00. We had the best time . . . just the 3 of us (Liam was asleep before she even got there) She and I polished off the sangria and then managed to finish a bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita. Fun fun!!

Sunday I marinated pork chops in Mojo ALL day. Brian grilled them perfectly. And then . . . yep, they were pork chops. I just need to accept the fact that unless they are thin and covered in shake & bake or cream of sumpin' sumpin' soup I just don't like pork chops very much.

1 comment: