Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baked Apricot Chicken

It was warm. It was easy. It was quick. It was good. (that's what she said - haha) It was nothing to write home about . . . or even blog about for that matter. But since I seem to be committed to this (for now anyway) here are the details of last night's dinner.
I mixed some fat free mayo and honey mustard together and then smeared it all over some chicken cutlets. (I sure do a lot of mayo and smearing). I sprinkled some stuff (maybe garlic powder, salt and pepper) into some panko on a plate. I pressed the mayo smeared chicken into the panko and placed it on a aluminum foil covered, Pam sprayed cookie sheet. Cooked at 450 for about 15 minutes. Took it out and put a dollup of low-sugar apricot jam on each chicken cutlet and then put it under the broiler until the jam melted and before the panko burned. Served with brown rice* and sauteed zucchini.
*I always use brown minute rice and it makes a huge difference to use chicken broth instead of water (same measurement).

No comments:

Post a Comment