Sunday, August 14, 2011

BBQ Chicken Burgers

They have these kick-ass chicken burgers at Publix that are so good! The packaging has all these call out words that lead you to believe they could be on the healthier side. I fall for it every time! I have cooked them several different ways. Including one that I called Chicken Parm burgers, but then remembered that I used provolone. What is it with me calling things "parm" without using any parmesan cheese? Anyway, this time I chopped some onion, sauteed it in a pan, added some delicious Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce and heated it together. Meanwhile, I cooked the burgers in a skillet (directions on the packaging). Once the burgers were done I spooned the bbq onion mixture onto the top of each burger and put a slice of cheddar on top. Then I stuck the skillet with the burgers in it under the broiler (on high) and melted the cheese. Served on toasted wheat buns. Holla . . . this was delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment