Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chicken Parmesan . . . Sans Parm

I called this chicken parm last week when I made it, but then I just realized that it was lacking . . . parm. Maybe that would make it that much better. This got a big thumbs up from my husband. I think his exact words were "you cooked this perfectly. whatever you did do it again." So with that pressure I better capture it here!

Chicken Parm with No Parm
1. Mix an egg and some milk in a bowl
2. Pour some Italian bread crumbs onto a plate (I didnt have Italian so I added Italian seasoning to plain bread crumbs - I know, it's not brain surgery)
3. Heat a skillet over med-high and spray some Pam (what is in that can anyway - I don't want to know)
4. Boil water for pasta
5. Dip the chicken into the egg mix and the press into the breadcrumbs
6. Cook in the skillet for approx 6 mins on each side until done and not burned
7. Boil pasta while you are cooking chicken. I would have liked spaghetti but had to settle for rotini
8. Mix spaghetti sauce into pasta when it is done cooking and drained
9. Heat a small about of spaghetti sauce that you held back
10. Serve chicken on top of spaghetti with some sauce over the top

Easy. Duh. No brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment